Our adventure started on Sunday, June 27 2010. We packed our car to the fullest and started our 3-day trip across the country to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was easy for us to navigate because we were on I-10 for 80% of the way. We stopped in San Antonio and had lunch on the Riverwalk and toured the Alamo.

Our next stop was New Orleans. I didn't expect to see the things that I saw...it was devastating seeing the demolished homes with caved in roofs. Bourbon Street was....interesting. Cafe De Monde was the cutest thing.

Thankfully, we have met some great couples in the ward. We watched fireworks on Las Olas (compared to Mill Ave.) and had a great time. Our ward has a lot of culture in it - a lot of Haitians. I hope to get a calling in YWs because there are a lot of young converts that need love and support. I want to be apart of their lives and help them!

This is Key Biscayne - the first key just east of Miami. We were on top of a lighthouse. Ps the beach was full of Cubans.


Storms are crazy here! You can only go 3mph because you CANNOT see in front of you. Seriously, I would rather drive in the snow. Our street gets flooded occasionally, no biggie.







3 THOUGHTS:
You know what's awesome?...I can totally tell what bra you are wearing in the fireworks picture...you miracle worker, you :) ha ha! p.s. I miss your face
The beach is so pretty there! What a perfect place to be for the summertime!
to me this is home and your making me miss it !
Post a Comment