Recent Posts

August 23, 2010

Key Largo

Some friends in our ward, the John's, invited us to Key Largo - it's about 2 hours away from our place. They brought their jetski and we took it out to snorkel on the John Pennekamp coral reef state park. It is AMAZING! The water is crystal clear and turquoise - I couldn't believe my eyes!

We snorkeled the Grecian Rocks. We were bummed we didn't have an underwater camera, but here is a cool fish we saw.

We also snorkeled the Dry Rocks and there is a Christ statue in the middle of them. It was AWESOME! Rob went down and touched its hands. This image is what you would see when snorkeling above it - it is about 25 feet deep.






Robbie's Pier where you can feed tarpons

You can see how much fun we had! Ouch.

10 THOUGHTS:

Megan Marie said...

Ohh rob! Poor thing! I'm wishing I was there! This looks so fun!! and your swimsuit... Where is that from??! Dash? Ha too modest! Xo

miss chaz. said...

o emm geeeee this is amazing...
1. i'm afraid of fish, but where you snorkeled looked pretty sweet.
2. love your swimsuit. where did you get it?
3. POOR ROB! that's gonna hurt tomorrow. and the next day. and the next day...

Tiffany + Drew said...

Oh looks like you guys are having so much fun there, I'm jealous- but not for the sunburn-ouch!!

Burdett Family said...

Wow that is so pretty and cool love the video of Robbie feeding the fish and poor him, that is really red.

Devin and Lisette said...

You guys are so lucky to be able to explore Florida. This place looks amazing! Well aside from the speedo man : )

Nancy said...

You guys crack me up! I love Weird Wednesdays and your videos. I knew you would enjoy it there. My aunt and uncle and cousins live in Ft. Lauderdale (not members) and I always loved visiting them there.

Nancy said...

You guys crack me up! I love Weird Wednesdays and your videos. I knew you would enjoy it there. My aunt and uncle and cousins live in Ft. Lauderdale (not members) and I always loved visiting them there.

Jenae said...

After looking at all of your pictures - I want to live in Florida. The fish are beautiful. Hope you found a good aloe vera plant for Rob!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

I want to come visit!! Holy cow, beautiful!!!!!

Kayla said...

Wow, I am completely jealous. and I totally want your blue swimsuit!!!! where did you purchase it?!