Recent Posts

June 27, 2011

Aubree Elizabeth

Rob and I are so grateful for this wonderful blessing in our lives. Aubree is just so precious and we love her so so much.
I was scheduled to be induced, so we went to the hospital 6/21/11 (my due date) and I was put on cervidil over night so I would dilate more. The next morning my doctor broke my water at 8am because I was dilated at a 4. I still felt zero pain. Then I was put on pitocin and got an epidural. I was floating on a cloud! It felt wonderful! Meanwhile, the lady next door was doing a natural birth and MAN did we know it...YIKES! It scared Rob because he thought that was going to be me.
1:30pm came around and I was at a 7. The doctor wanted me to practice pushing - every time I would push the baby wouldn't move. So the doctor waited an hour or so to see if I would progress - I didn't. I tried pushing again and she still wouldn't move even though she was super low.
Doctor noticed I was getting a fever and my cervix was starting to swell. She was nervous because the baby had a chance of getting a fever as well. She left the room for a second and came rushing back in and said we have to do a c-section and that the baby's heart rate is terrible. I immediately broke down. All a sudden a million nurses ran in and unplugged everything, threw scrubs on Rob, and we hurried to the operating room. My poor mom had to stay behind.
I was being as calm as I could be, but I was so nervous for baby.
10 minutes later Rob and I heard the most beautiful noise we could ever hear - her cry! We were bawling and I have to say that it was the most amazing experience I have ever had - that and getting sealed to Rob :). They brought her to us and we kissed her cute little face. She was calm and her eyes were wide open looking at us like she had known us for years. We immediately fell in love with this little one.
They cleaned her up and Rob went to the nursery with her while I was getting worked on (not fun). I asked the Anesthesiologist to put me out because feeling all the pressure from the tugging and pulling made me cringe. The doctor mentioned that her shoulder was stuck, that is why she couldn't move down any more. Once I was in the recovery room, my mom and Rob came in with baby. She quickly "latched" on - it was such a wonderful bonding experience.
Rob and I didn't name her until the next day, it was harder than we thought. Aubree was an option and it just seem to fit. We stayed at the hospital for a few more days. I loved the help I got from all the nurses! Rob and my mom slept in a chair for 5 days while I was in a nice comfy reclining bed - they are troopers. I am so blessed to have a loving husband and a mom who is so caring and helpful. I appreciate all that they do for me!

Headed to the hospital
On a cloud with the epidural - I never felt ANY pain, it was great!

Aubree Elizabeth
6/22/11
3:46pm
Naples, FL
8 lb. 20 in.

18 THOUGHTS:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She's stinkin' adorable! What a cute happy little family. Congrats to you and Rob.

Cassie Forsgren said...

she is beautiful you guys, Congrats!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I had a c-section too and the recovery has been rough...I hope you are recovering well! Aubree is so precious.

Audrey Crisp said...

Oh my gosh! I totally started crying reading this! Sorry you had some struggles to get her here... She is so cute!! I love love her hats! Hope the recovery goes well... Can't wait to see more pics!!

Turners said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations. I couldn't help but tear up...the memories of delivering a baby are so vivid to me. Isn't it seriously the most incredible moment of your life ever?!?! So happy for you! Congratulations!

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

she is SO beautiful but who could expect anything less! and you look so pretty after giving birth! good job! i deliver my babies by c-section and i loved my second and third c-sections because it was so easy and planned. plus my body healed so much faster than the first time because my body didn't have to go through labor trauma and then a c-section. rest and take it easy! :]

liz said...

I am so glad you posted this because I am anxious/nervous about giving birth . Aubree is beautiful and you look great. And, I hope my hospital has those same hats with the bows!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Too adorable! Absolutley perfect. Already love her!

Rachel Marie said...

That is so wonderful! What a gorgeous little girl! congratulations!!

Jessica Beaumont said...

she is beautiful- i love the bow!!! what a cute little family!

Kayla said...

she is absolutely beautiful!! congrats to you guys! hope you are recovering well!

Brittney Blount said...

Yeah! She is so cute! Congrats! Glad everything is ok!

Tiffany + Drew said...

She is so precious, congratulations! Good luck with your recovery.

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

This post makes me so happy:) Your little family is perfect. I can't wait to meet little Aubree in a few weeks(and of course see you). Hopefully you are recovering well.

miss chaz. said...

AHHHH
Stop it! Stop making me cry! I just love that little baby already! Favorite Aubree Elizabeth I know!

I hope you are recovering well, you beautiful mama! and patrick says hi.

xoxo

Sheri said...

What a doll! I had a c-section with my first too, but was able to have a vbac the 2nd time and hopefully this time as well. I hope you recover quickly. It is much harder with a csection so I hope you have lots of help these next few weeks! Congrats Sheree! She is perfect!

k and j said...

okay this is so so weird but i am blog stalking and i love aubree's blanket with the birds on it!!

i know it's hot in florida and it's hot here where i live (st george, utah) and i am trying to figure out what the heck kind of blankets to use for my baby who is due in a few weeks.

anyway, congrats on your baby and weird, but could you email me and let me know where i can find a blankie like that??? thanks!

i found you through paige hughes :)

julespead@aol.com

lindsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is absolutely adorable and so so so beautiful. I'm sure you guys are over the moon in love. Enjoy the little moments.